CORE PURPOSE OF THE JOB
To manage self-directing, multi-functional teams to efficiently process poultry products to meet internal customer order requirements within management performance parameters ensuring adherence to defined Product Specifications, Quality & Safety Standards.
To ensure that all poultry products are packed to fulfil internal customer service requirements whilst meeting agreed on quality specifications and cost parameters and ensuring that all necessary resources are available and utilised in a safe and efficient manner.
ACADEMIC / PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATION:
Bachelor Degree in Poultry Science, Food or related discipline Computer knowledge Experience with Automated Process Control industry Strong Communication Skills.
- 10 years experience in Poultry Processing Plant Experience in 12000 birds per hour or more processing capacity.
- Experienced in the similar position within a poultry /meat or food environment
- Experienced in the production of poultry products.
- Experienced with Automated Process Control
- Commissioning of automated plants handling poultry products.
- Heading a multifunctional and multicultural work force.
- Contributed to production and overhead cost for the company.
- Preparing and presenting budgets for the department.
- Contributed to developing the safe working environment and reducing accidents.
- Able to discuss and finalize plans /targets with Production management team with regards to Production and Maintenance activities.
- Able to identify the development needs of employees and ensure adequately maintained skill inventory is in place.
- Poultry Plant operation and GMP concepts awareness
- Ability to manage a multinational workforce of greater than 50 people
- Ability to lead multinational workforce.
- Competency in working with International quality and food safety standards
- Budgetary understanding and formulation
- High standard of Computer literacy
- Flexible and positive thinking attitude
- Excellent in Health and Safety & Food Safety awareness.